Why is a Criminal Defence Lawyer Important?
Criminal law is made up of a complex body of legislation. Failing to understand your rights as a defendant and the charges against you can result in severe punishment. This is especially true if you are charged with a serious offence that may result in substantial jail.
A criminal defence lawyer understands criminal law and can do a number of things to benefit you even before the commencement of a criminal trial. For example, a criminal defence attorney can:
- Challenge your arrest in instances where police officers claim to have had probable cause
- Argue in favor of your being released on a reduced bail
- Negotiate plea bargains with prosecutors
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of your case and discuss with you the pros and cons of going to trial
- Go over the advantages and disadvantages of pleading guilty
The Brampton Courts are located at 7755 Hurontario Street. A great deal of your trial work takes place in the Brampton Courts. This court services both the Mississauga and Brampton Area. Avtar Bhangal has been a Criminal Defence Lawyer in Mississauga for over 20 years. He has helped thousands of satisfied clients get their life back in order. Although raised and educated in Toronto, Avtar Bhangal is fluent in Punjabi.
You can reach him on his mobile at 416-616-4211.